A New Chapter of the Internationally Acclaimed APPLESEED FranchiseFrom the creator of “GHOST IN THE SHELL” and the director of “APPLESEED” comes “APPLESEED ALPHA”, a cutting-edge Sci-Fi action film hailed by director James Cameron. Japanese studio Sola Digital Arts, led by director Shinji Aramaki, created the photo-real CGI movie synchronized with the music written by the most popular artists of the time, represented by Yasutaka Nakata(CAPSULE).
- Japan Expo Paris 15th
- Comic-con International San Diego
- Fantasia International Film Festival
- The 39th Hong Kong International Film Festival
- The 19th Shanghai International Film Festival
Theatrical Release Date in Japan on 17 January 2015
- 27th Tokyo International Film Festival - Special Screening
- VFX-JAPAN Awards 2016 - Best Animated Film
SynopsisIn the desolate outskirts of New York City, two mercenaries - Deunan and her cyborg partner Briareos - are sent on a seemingly mundane recon mission. During the operation, however, they end up rescuing two strangers in peril, who claim to have come from a 'utopian' city Olympus. They are tasked with stopping a new menace of war, but powerful warlords Talos and Two Horns appear to stand in their way. Will the duo be able to save humanity’s last hope?
- Original Work:
- Shirow Masamune / Seishinsha
- Directed by:
- Shinji Aramaki
- Screenplay by:
- Marianne Krawczyk
- Main Theme Song by :
- Yasutaka Nakata(CAPSULE)
- Production Studio:
- SOLA DIGITAL ARTS
- Produced by:
- Lucent Pictures Entertainment, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions
©Motion picture © 2014 Lucent Pictures Entertainment Inc./Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Comic book © 2014 Shirow Masamune/Crossroad